If you're looking for an immersive learning experience that is also fun and uplifting, Redneck Knifeworks is the place you want to be! Jimmy has trained students of all ages and loves to share his knowledge and his love for working with metal and crafting quality items.
Looking for our Hot Date Night?
Check that out over here.
How to Schedule
Look through our options and contact Melinda (aka Mrs. Redneck) at 903.948.4893 (texting is fine!) to book your appointment.
Option 1: A La Carte
Everyone has a different goal, and you can secure one-on-one shop time with Jimmy for $85 an hour. He will work with you one-on-one to teach you how to accomplish your goal. Our clients utilize this option for personal projects or just to increase their knowledge bank on working with all things metal. If we have it in our shop, you will have access to it during this time (plasma table, forge, grinders, drill presses, band saw, table saw, etc.).
Option 2: Forging Found Steel (Railroad Spike Knife or Rasp Knife)
Forging found steel is a great intro-to-forging class and is our most popular option. You can bring your own found steel or use one of the pieces that we have available.
This is a 3-hour class and is $200 for one knife. It's great for either a 1-person or 2-person experience (parent/child or with significant other).
Option 3: Stock Removal Knife Class
- start with an 8" billet from our selection
- have instruction on knife design
- design your own knife
- select handle scales (resin, resin blend, or wood), pins, and a leather sheath from our stock (If you complete your build with time to spare, you can make your own leather sheath)
- complete your knife build using our grinders, drill press, heat treat oven, and all the other equipment that is required.
- 2 participants (1 knife each) / $1400 ($700 per)
- 3 participants (1 knife each) / $1800 ($600 per)
- 4 participants (1 knife each) / $2000 ($500 per)
You will leave this class with a whole new appreciation for how to correctly design and create a knife.
Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions. Use the chatbot on our site. We are usually available to chat right away.