This listing is for the June edition (Monday Group) of the Homeschool Shop Class in Flint, TX. This group will meet on Monday morning from 9 a.m. until noon on the following dates: June 3, 10, 17, and 24.
This class is for ages 10 and up.
To ensure proper supervision and workspace, we are limiting the group to 6 children.
The group will meet on their specified day from 9 a.m. – noon, and we will do a 4-week format. This allows families to sign up for one month at a time.
Monthly tuition is $125 per student.
Scroll down (below the paypal button) to see the unit description and class location.
4 in stock
June’s 4-week unit is listed below. Several tools and techniques will be used through each 4-week class. Each week builds on the previous week:
- Week 1
- safety, shop intro, tool review for this unit
- begin the build for your own screwdriver (epoxy resin casting)
- Week 2
- complete the screwdriver (epoxy resin polishing and shaping)
- lesson and demo on how to age metal components
- design your own Edison lamp (research, drawing, cost, measuring)
- Week 3
- lesson on working with electricity
- begin the building phase of your lamp (select materials [lamp cord, lamp socket, flange, Edison bulb, copper, wood, conduit, electric plug outlet], measuring, cutting, torching wood, sanding])
- Week 4
- complete the Edison lamp build (electric wiring and testing, product finishing [sealant, final touch-ups], product photography)
The images shown are sample builds. Your child’s lamp will be based on their own design.
Your child should arrive at class in clothes fit for a shop environment. Boots are suggested, though not required.
We will have fruit, light snacks, and lots of bottled water on hand for your students.
We are located in the Timber Creek Crossing center on FM 2493, two bays behind Anytime Fitness in Flint, TX. We are in bays #117 and #119 on the end corner.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.