Overview: This listing is for the Shop Class: Week-Long Summer Day Camp, ages 10-18. This is a one-week class (Monday – Friday , 1-5). Each student will build their own wooden mallet, epoxy-handle screwdriver, toolbox, desk organizer, leather waist apron, and an Edison lamp. They will also receive one of our “Take a Redneck Wit’cha” t-shirts.
Scroll down (below the paypal button) to see the unit description and class location.
3 in stock
Overview: This listing is for the Shop Class: Week-Long Summer Day Camp, ages 10-18. This is a one-week class (Monday – Friday , 1-5). Each student will build their own
- wooden mallet,
- epoxy-handle screwdriver
- desk organizer,
- leather waist apron,
- and an Edison lamp.
(Are you looking for the homeschool shop class instead? Check out those listings here.)
Age range: 10 – 18
Date: July 15 – 19
Time: 1 P.M. – 5 P.M.
Class Limit: 6
Location: 17968 FM 2493, Flint, TX 75762 (#117 & #119 — 2 bays behind Anytime Fitness on the corner)
Several tools and techniques will be used through the week-long class. Each day builds on the previous day:
- Day 1:
- safety, shop intro
- begin on your own leather waist apron (measuring, cutting, punching, and hand-stitching)
- begin the build for your own screwdriver (epoxy resin casting)
- Day 2:
- complete the screwdriver (epoxy resin polishing and shaping)
- build your own wooden hammer (selecting wood, measuring, cutting, drilling, sanding, assembling) and learn its specific functions
- Day 3:
- build your own toolbox (selecting wood, measuring, cutting, drilling, sanding, assembling, stamping, staining)
- lesson and demo on how to age metal components
- Day 4:
- begin the building phase of your Edison lamp (select materials [lamp cord, lamp socket, flange, Edison bulb, copper, wood, conduit, electric plug outlet], measuring, cutting, sanding, staining])
- begin designing and creating your own desk organizer (selecting wood, measuring, cutting, drilling, sanding, assembling, stamping, staining)
- Day 5:
- complete the desk organizer
- complete the Edison lamp build (electric wiring and testing, product finishing])
- product photography of all of your items
Your student should arrive at class in clothes fit for a shop environment. Boots are suggested, though not required.
We will have fruit, granola bars, and lots of bottled water on hand for your students.